Industrial automation is the use of control systems (e.g. computers or robots) and information technology to handle the different processes and machinery in the industry to replace people. It is the second step after mechanisation within the scope of industrialisation and more information can be found in the vibrating commons. For example, automated systems can work 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to boost productivity and reduce labour expenses, early in the manufacturing process.
But today, automation is more about enhancing quality and flexibility in the manufacturing process than it was a decade or so ago. Engine pistons are often installed manually in the automobile sector, with an error rate of 1-1.5 per cent. At the moment this task is completed by automated machines with an error rate of 0.00001 per cent.
The advantages of industrial automation
- Reduced operating costs: As a result of automation, workers no longer have to pay for health insurance, paid time off, and vacations. In addition, industrial automation does not provide any further benefits to workers. Despite its greater initial expenses, it saves workers’ monthly wages, resulting in significant savings for the company. The machines used in industrial automation are less expensive to maintain since they break down less often than other types of machines. Even if they break down, a computer and a maintenance specialist can fix them quickly.
- High productivity: Although many companies employ hundreds of production workers on up to three shifts to keep the plant running for the maximum number of hours, plants still need to be shut down for maintenance and holidays. Manufacturing plants can be operated 24 hours per day, seven days a week, all year round with the help of industrial automation. Because of this, the company’s productivity has soared.
- High quality: Automation mitigates human-related errors. Robots, on the other hand, do not get tired, which allows them to produce things of uniform quality at different times.
- High flexibility: Operator training is required to add additional duties to the assembly line, however, the robot may be programmed to do any task. The production process becomes more flexible as a result.
- High information accuracy: It is possible to obtain crucial production information, enhance data accuracy and lower the cost of data collecting by automating the data collection process. In this way, you can make informed judgments on waste reduction and process improvement.
- High safety: Using robots to manage dangerous circumstances on manufacturing lines, industrial automation can make workplaces safer for workers.
There have been a number of design businesses established to provide engineering solutions to support the industrial automation activities of these plants. Technological advancements are the products of these automation enterprises, and they are sold in the form of standard or customised machinery. To compete with other opponents, technology is always seen as a crucial strategic weapon. Elcomp is one of the cutting-edge Industrial automation companies in Malaysia, which provides the latest information in relevant industries.
For more articles, please check here: